Here at Her Career (we, us, our), we respect the privacy of all our users (like you, that awesome human reading this Policy), so we comply with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Act) when dealing with your personal information (your address, your birth date, email address etc, all the details that identify you, as you!) and the below clauses outline how we collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Whilst you’re enjoying our on-demand career mentoring, free Facebook group, content via email and online courses, we collect some personal information about you, given to us by you! Third parties may also collect personal information from you, if you have authorised them to do so (e.g via our third party payment provider Stripe or our course hosts, Teachable – you can see their T&C’s in the footer here).
USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will only use your personal information in the following situations:
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you
- To conduct surveys so that we can provide better services and products to you
- To undertake credit checks (if necessary)
- To bill you and collect money that you may owe us (including authorising and processing credit card transactions
- To respond to any communications from you
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests (including defending any claim)
- For any other purpose expressly authorised by you or the Act
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We won’t go and share your information with the world, but sometimes we may disclose your personal information to:
- A credit reference agency for the purpose of credit checking you (just to make sure you can pay for our services)
- Other third parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- Any persona as authorised by you
- Any other person authorised by the Act
ALL THE OTHER STUFF
We will take reasonable steps to make sure your personal information does not get misused, lost or caught up in unauthorised activities. At any time if you would like to access or correct your personal information, please give us a shout and we will make sure we look into your request and if its reasonable and in accordance with the Act, we will provide you with your personal information or make a correction of such information.
If you’ve got to this point, thanks, and well done! You are now well informed about the collection, use, disclosure and protection of your personal information!
Wordsmith – Mikayla Zandstra (another brilliant woman helping other’s have a seat at the table).